How would you like to own ten, fifty, or a thousand rental units? That’s the topic of today’s podcast roundtable with three previous guests of the Szikov Podcast, Ben Leybovich, Brian Burke, and Serge Shukhat. These three investors have three very different business models, and in this fascinating discussion, each shares how they use rental properties to build wealth and passive income. We discuss (and debate) every aspect of the investor’s journey — all in an effort to help you succeed! We also discuss the big dangers rental investors face and how YOU can avoid those problems! Don’t miss this incredibly powerful episode with three fun, smart, and successful rental property investors!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: B2R Finance
A new commercial lender offering loans specifically for rental investors. B2R Finance could help you unlock equity from existing properties so you can get cash out now.
Learn more by visiting: B2RFinance.com
Fire Round Sponsor
Today’s sponsor is Booth, a complete phone and voicemail service ideal for the active real estate investor. Use Booth to accept phone calls from potential sellers, tenants, and more on your own device but with a new local or toll-free number. Control how, who, and when you receive calls. Set up pre-recorded messages to save you time and hassle. And even get one of those “press one for this, two for that” auto attendants, which can be really helpful in making your company stand out like a big deal.
So give Booth a try today by visiting TryBooth.com/biggerpockets.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Where is the rental market headed?
- Is planning for appreciation useless? (Debate!)
- What mistakes do new investors make?
- Overcoming challenges to investing in TODAY’S market
- Is it too late for newbies to buy rental properties?
- The best “single tip” from each panelist for newbies
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BP Podcast 014 : Cash Flow, Creative Finance, and Life with Ben Leybovich
- BP Podcast 061:How to Succeed in Multifamily Investing – A Unique Conversation with Josh, Brandon, and Ben
- Szikov Radio Podcast 003: Getting Started in Real Estate and Raising Money with Brian Burke
- BP Podcast 076: Growing Your Real Estate Company Into a $30 Million Dollar Business with Brian Burke
- BP Podcast 060: From 0 to 68 Rental Units in Just Four Years with Serge Shukhat
- BP Podcast 131: Investing in Multifamily Properties in a HOT Real Estate Market with Serge Shukhat
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- The Book on Managing Rental Properties by Brandon & Heather Turner
- Brandon Turner’s The Book on Investing with No or Low Money Down