How many hours per week does it take to be a successful real estate investor? The answer on today’s episode might surprise you. Today we’re sitting down with Elliot Smith, a real estate investor from Washington State who has an incredible story to tell about how he went from 70+ hour per week worker to “full-time” real estate investor who only works part-time. Elliot has an incredible outlook on life and business that’s contagious, so warning—you won’t leave this interview the same person. You’ll also learn how Elliot and his wife made over $100,000 their first year in real estate and the amazing tale of how they made over $100,000 in a single month. This show is as inspirational as it is educational (and filled with more than a few laughs!) so get ready to have your world rocked.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Equity Trust is a financial services company that enables individual investors to diversify investment portfolios through alternative asset classes, including real estate, tax liens, private equity and precious metals.
Get your free 10 Ways to Partner on a Deal with Your IRA Checklist: trustetc.com/bp3
Join the The Self-Directed IRA Summit: info.trustetc.com/summit
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Elliot got started real estate investing
- Whether you should do house inspections
- Their next deals and a great wholesale deal
- How to wholesale with a full-time job
- The importance of being honest with your sellers
- What exactly wholesaling entails
- How he made $100k in just one month!
- How to invest part-time and earn full-time
- Tips for building relationships with private lenders
- Advice on flipping with no money down
- Tips on finding a mentor
- How to do 30 deals a year
- How Elliot finds deals
- His way of making the world better
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Szikov Forums
- Brandon’s Instagram Profile
- Szikov Blog
- 500 Deals, the $100,000 Wholesale Paycheck, & the Systems That Make it Work with Tarl Yarber
- I’m Not Your Guru Netflix
- Szikov Bookstore
- Wholesaling Resources
- Open Letter Marketing
- Gary Vee
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- Finding and Funding Great Deals by Tarl Yarber
- Investing with Low or No Money Down by Brandon Turner
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff
Fire Round Questions
- How do you secure your rehabs?
- How do you determine what to do for repairs/improvements?
- I live in a booming ski town and am looking to flip condos, advice?
- With all the contracts, documents, invoices, and other paperwork, what is your filing system to stay organized from start to finish?
- “If you’re asking if you need an inspector, then you need one.” ( )
- “It all has to do with the intent. Is your intent to screw this person or is your intent to do the right thing?” ( )
- “You’ll find really good people in this business who just love people and love helping.” ( )
- “Money is not the most important thing. Friendship and relationships are the most important thing in this business.” ( )